Project Data Engineer
The Project Data Engineer position is responsible for variety of tasks including assisting our client’s Construction Project Management team in collecting, organizing, analyzing and distributing project information such as RFIs, submittals, project tracking and scheduling using Construction Viz (SharePoint based PMIS).
- Develops, documents, and implements project controls, document management, and Construction Viz (SharePoint based PMIS) process and procedures.
- Provides information management support inside of Construction Viz (SharePoint based PMIS).
- Analyzes, prepares, validates, and maintains detailed baseline schedules, work packages, change requests (*if applicable), and monthly schedule variance reports.
- Provides document control specialist duties as needed.
- Provides detailed analysis and reporting of project status within an established system of project controls.
- Teams with technical staff and project leads and managers to make recommendations to influence key decision makers within the scope of project controls.
- Researches, assembles, and evaluates project information or data and recommends sound, practical solutions to project related issues.
- Assists with team interactions, including arranging and documenting periodic reviews and tracking project management deliverables and presenting project management status.
- Facilitates internal team communications.
- If applicable, attend staff meetings, take meeting minutes and coordinate agenda items for each meeting.
- Experience with construction project documentation/administration preferred.
- Must be organized, highly detail oriented, and have the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Travel will be required and will be reimbursed.
- Working remote is supported
- Strong working experience in SharePoint.
Associate’s degree or higher
- Experience with utility transmission and substation construction a plus.
- Experience working with and creating reports.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Excel and Word.
- Experience with SAP, Oracle and or Contract Manager a plus.