It can be an intimidating experience trying to manage your projects in Microsoft 365. There are so many different approaches and tools it can make your head spin trying to find the best for your needs. And it can be difficult, almost impossible, to find the right company to work with that has construction and Microsoft technology knowledge to do it.
We have found that figuring out where to start is the greatest challenge for construction organizations looking to embrace Microsoft 365 for their projects.
Common questions construction organizations have about Microsoft 365
Some typical Microsoft 365 questions we get from construction teams include:
- How do I write requirements?
- What’s the best way to manage data? Folders vs. metadata?
- How can I manage my contractors’ permissions? What if I don’t want them to have access at all?
- What are the best tools to create, manage, schedule, report, and archive my projects?
- How can I minimize the number of emails that fill up my inbox?
- What are some of the tools and processes to improve project communication?
- How can I deliver a super simple solution for all levels of technical aptitude?
Solving the above questions requires years of experience developing and delivering solutions specifically for the construction industry.
Lydon Solutions is a turnkey Microsoft 365 solutions provider laser-focused on the construction industry, from developing detailed requirements to implementing easy-to-use solutions. For over 14 years, we have been delivering award-winning solutions that have made our clients more productive and have saved millions of dollars.
Let us help you take the first step to take control of your projects. You can request a one-hour consultation here.
Microsoft 365 resources for construction teams
Below are a few blog articles that will help you get started using Microsoft 365 to manage your construction projects.
- Gather Requirements for a Project Management Information System (lydonsolutions.com)
- Folders vs. Columns in SharePoint (lydonsolutions.com)
- Case Study: Microsoft 365 for Construction Project Management (lydonsolutions.com)
- Welcome to Microsoft 365 for Construction. Where We Are Going, There Are No Roads (lydonsolutions.com)
- How to Start Managing Construction Projects in Microsoft 365 - Part 1 (lydonsolutions.com)
- The FOCUS Methodology: A Solution-based Consulting Framework (lydonsolutions.com)